A few years ago I read the book the The Body Keeps the Score by world-leading trauma expert Professor Bessel van der Kolk, and found out the body work is very helpful for healing trauma.
Later, I then read the book by Dr Norman Doidge, psychiatrist and neuroscience researcher The Brain’s Way of Healing. He dedicated three chapters of his best selling book to Feldenkrais therapy – a somatic movement therapy. Amazing
The thing is, movement is not just a nice thing to do; it’s imperative for health and wellbeing AND it fasciliates healing trauma.
How are you engaging with movement these days? Do you have a daily movement practice?
More than rote exercise, somatic movement is a call to return to embodiment, the wisdom of your body’s capacity to self-regulate — a timely answer to our modern world’s shifting landscape.
Both subtle and profound, somatic movement modalities — such as Alexander Technique, Hanna Somatics, Feldenkrais, Body-Mind Centering, and others — gently foster an abiding sense of wellbeing and fortitude over time.
These methods can assist you in moving from rigidity to fluidity… enabling you to make choices from your body’s wise, grounded intelligence, while at the same time preserving your body from the long-term effects of stress.
Especially now, as many of us are feeling more immobilized than ever — movement is our friend.
So many of us can be tempted to spend most of the day sitting or remaining motionless while looking at screens… which can result in significant health problems of a whole different order — such as increased risk of heart disease, obesity, restricted range of motion, and other challenges.
That’s why I’m honored to invite you to join the Somatic Movement Summit — an experiential online gathering of seasoned leaders in this growing and evolutionary field.
In this one-of-a-kind summit, you’ll not only receive abundant knowledge from world-renowned somatic movement experts… you’ll also gain first-hand, in-the-moment experiences of these disciplines.
You’ll have the opportunity to slow down and embody the richness of what our brilliant speakers and practitioners have to offer.
Free Online Event
Somatic Movement Summit
April 27 – May 1, 2020
This powerful gathering will feature more than 40 of today’s highly sought-after somatic movement experts and teachers — including Sondra Fraleigh, Paul Linden, Lavinia Plonka, Eleanor Criswell Hanna, Dr. Stephen Porges, Dr. Martha Eddy, Bernadette Pleasant, Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen, and Jeong Myung Gim.
They’ll be sharing simple somatic practices to move you from stress, anxiety, fatigue, or depletion into easeful states infused with vitality and relaxed alertness.
This groundbreaking Somatic Movement Summit will reveal the medicinal art and power of embodied motion. We hope you’ll participate in this online gathering presented by The Shift Network. Prepare to be transformed!
During this healing 5-day event, you’ll discover:
- Ways to nourish your nervous system through centering and connective movement
- How embodied movement can help dissipate stress, anxiety, fear, and trauma
- Pathways to strengthen immunity, improve heart rate variability, and natural breathing
- The connection between movement and personal power
- How somatic education transcends old notions of the body as a machine, liberating movement as a holistic discipline
- Embodied movement for social change
- Somatic movement to reverse the effects of aging, and experience a sense of openness and spaciousness
- Ways you can apply conscious motion on a daily basis to provide ease around challenging and stressful situations
- Somatic strategies to address pain
- Somatic methods including Hanna Somatics, Feldenkrais Method, Rolfing, dance, Somatic Yoga, Body-Mind Centering, Somatic Psychology, martial arts, and Continuum Movement
- How somatic movement enhances resilience, wellbeing and happiness
- And much more...
We aren’t doomed to inertia or stagnation or disease… and life has a way of compelling us to stay in motion!
Join this unique gathering of exceptional teachers in the field of conscious motion, and start the rest of your divine, delicious movement journey today.
Join us on a journey of somatic awakening!
Take care for now
P.S. Here’s a small taste of what our distinguished speakers will be sharing with you…
- Sondra Fraleigh will discuss “somatic focusing” as a way of paying attention to what’s going on within and outside of yourself… and as a primary vehicle of perception.
- Tap into the technology of body awareness with Paul Linden — a technique which enables you to move beyond your perceived limits and become stronger and kinder.
- Join Lavinia Plonka as she reveals how pain is the body’s response to disorganization — every tension, every injury, every trauma affects how you walk, stand, love, and move through life.
- From Dr. Stephen Porges you’ll discover how Polyvagal theory can help you with the current challenges of COVID-19… and how to enhance vagal tone for a healthy, balanced nervous system.
- Join Dr. Martha Eddy as she explores how the physiology of consciousness interfaces with the struggle for justice, and helps us recognize our interdependence on this planet.
- Eleanor Criswell Hanna, long considered a foremother of the somatics field, illuminates how somatic movement can alleviate suffering and invigorate you for years to come.
- As Bernadette Pleasant says, “Grief is love with nowhere to go.” Receive her tools for navigating grief and reawakening your innate capacity for JOY and aliveness through movement.
- Jeong Myung Gim will provide the crucial distinction between traditional physical education — which is based on the mind-body split — and somatic education, which is based on their unity.
And much more…