One of the common biochemical impacts of emotional trauma is insulin resistance.
It’s the number ONE imbalance I see in cases of trauma and fatigue in general.
Insulin is an important hormone which controls and regulates blood sugar, and determines whether we burn or store fat.
Type 2 diabetes, pre-diabetes, and metabolic syndrome are caused when we become resistant to the hormone insulin and blood levels of insulin go too high, leading to increase fat storage and high blood sugar.
Join me for my talk on how loneliness, shame and lack of emotional support affects your blood sugar levels on the Diabetes Summit.
According to a 2015 study, nearly half the US population had diabetes or pre-diabetes. Add to that all the Americans who are overweight, obese, or have insulin resistance and other blood sugar imbalances, that number likely climbs above 75%!
Unfortunately it’s not just in the US. Diabetes has become a global epidemic, predicted to get much worse in the next 20 years.
Clearly we need to do something different. Change often starts with information and inspiration. Learning the root causes of the problem and real solutions to correct those causes can motivate action.
That’s why I’m excited about the upcoming event called The Diabetes Summit. My friend and diabetes expert, Dr. Brian Mowll, is hosting this life-changing event for the fourth year, and this year’s event looks amazing.
The Diabetes Summit runs from May 13-20, 2019. You can register for this online event at no charge by clicking here.
Here are just a few of the topics being covered on The Diabetes Summit 2019:
- The three nutritional approaches that have been clinically shown to reverse type 2 diabetes, and how to know which one is right for you
- Understanding the stress continuum and how childhood trauma, adverse life events, and daily stressors can lead to diabetes
- Important strategies for those dealing with type 1 diabetes in themselves or a child
- Why carbohydrate counting is NOT enough to properly control blood sugar and manage diabetes well
- The best natural strategies to reduce high blood sugar and address the root cause and reverse type 2 diabetes and pre-diabetes Much, much more!
The 2019 Diabetes Summit is online and broadcast at no charge May 13-20th. To register for this incredible event, click this link.
This is an incredibly important topic and I know this information has the potential to change your life.
Enjoy the event and I’ll see you soon!
Take care for now,