In order to obtain abundant energy, it is vital to understand that your body is also profoundly affected by electromagnetic frequencies (EMFs), or “electrosmog”, now being emitted by our mobile phones, Wi-Fi, computers, cell phone masts, cordless telephones, microwaves, powerlines, and smart meters.
EMFs have been found to be responsible for all kinds of symptoms, including fatigue, tiredness and weakness, pain and headaches, sleep problems, dizziness, memory and concentration problems, depression, anxiety, as well as many more serious health conditions listed in the table below.
In response to a comprehensive long-term study on the risk of mobile phone usage by renowned Swedish researcher Lennart Hardell, which suggested a link between brain cancer and mobile phone use after 10 years in 2011, the World Health Organisation and IARC reclassified use of wireless devices to “2b”, which is “possibly carcinogenic”. In Hardell’s latest 2014 research paper, he called for the IARC to be updated from “possibly” to “definitely carcinogenic.”
Another renowned Austrian cell phone researcher, Dr. Franz Adlkofer, spoke at the Harvard Center for Ethics in late 2011. In his lecture, called “Protection Against Radiation is in Conflict with Science,” he described his difficulties as a scientist, being persecuted by the telecommunications industry and his experience with the EU-funded study REFLEX, which aimed to explore the effects of cell-phone radiation on the brain.
He pointed out that studies, such as REFLEX, were not taken into account in reaching the IARC determination. Had they been, he said the classification likely would have changed from “possibly” carcinogenic to “probably.”
Other studies on the impact of man-made electromagnetic fields (EMFs) are not small. For example, in 2012, Danish Cohort studies confirmed pre and post-natal exposure to cell phones was associated with increased behavioural problems by the age of 7, first, in 13,000 then a follow up of 28,745 children.
Computer and cell phone screens and artificial fluorescent and LED lighting also emit excessive levels of blue light, which disrupt our natural circadian rhythms and have negative health effects. Dr. Charles Czeisler of Harvard Medical School showed, in 1981, daylight keeps a person’s circadian rhythms aligned with the environment. It turns out artificial blue light exposure at the wrong time in the 24 hour cycle will disrupt sleep, reduce mood and performance, as well as lead to more serious diseases, including heart disease, cancer, and diabetes.
Below is a table summarizing over 6000 studies, confirming the biological impact of man-made EMFs, as well as studies on blue light and health.
Table Summarizing Key Studies of EMFs and Blue Light on Health
Practical Steps to Complete a Home and Work Energetic Clean-up
Dealing with Electrical, Magnetic, and Radio Fields
- Avoid keeping ANY electrical items in your bedroom area, especially as the sleeping area where you spend up to 8 hours at a time is one of the most important places to keep clean. For example, radio clocks emit electric and magnetic fields. If you are particularly electro-sensitive, switch everything off at the fuse box for your bedroom.
- Avoid metal bed bases and metal spring mattresses; they can magnetize ambient EMFs and can easily become magnetized.
- Ensure, when sleeping, your head is not near large amounts of wiring or fuse boxes inside the wall your bed is against or on the other side of the wall.
- Consider buying an EMF tester if you are serious about checking for EMFs inside and outside your home.
- Cordless phones have been found to be as dangerous as cell phones. Get rid of your cordless phones, switch to phones with cords; especially, ensure you are not keeping a cordless phone base in your bedroom at night.
- Switch to wired broadband, or at least switch off your Wi-Fi at night (you can use timers that Christmas lights work from to do this automatically).
- Mobile phones – switch off completely at night or put on airplane mode. Place your phone on airplane mode when you are not using it.
- Check for cell phone masts near your house, here in the USA: http://www.antennasearch.com/ and http://www.sitefinder.ofcom.org.uk/ in the UK. Generally, living within 500 meters is considered undesirable. See the recommendations below for house shielding if you live near one.
- If you use your cell phone a lot, use an “air tube” headset or speaker phone. Air tube headsets are a simple ear-bud style with soft rubber cushions; no radiation can travel up the wire to the ear piece, and there are no speakers or electronics (so no EMF) in the earpiece.
- Avoid using your cell phone in enclosed spaces or where reception is poor. Calling from inside a car, basement, enclosed room, train, or bus acts like a faraday cage, building up the EMFs. Cell phones also ramp EMFs when they are scanning in a poor reception area.
- Avoid carrying your phone directly on your body. Some phones, like iPhones, emit radiation even when switched off!
- Smart meters measure electricity, gas, and water usage and send the information wirelessly, direct to the utility company. If you have a wireless “smart” meter, call your utility company and request a safe analog meter.
- Be aware, house alarm systems, some music systems, games consoles, and baby monitors also use Wi-Fi – switch back to wired versions.
- Throw out your microwave oven – switch to standard ovens.
- Protect yourself while using a computer or laptop by sitting grounded when using your computer; ground your computer via a USB port to a power socket.
- Note that when the computer or laptop is connected to the power socket, it is emitting higher levels of EMFs – always use when powered by battery when possible.
- Laptops emit more radiation that desktops – never use one on your lap. EMFs may be reduced (but not completely) by using a mat underneath.
- If you are using a desktop computer, keep the CPU as far away from you as possible and consider wrapping in aluminum foil, which acts as a Faraday cage and blocks radiation.
- Try to sit 3 feet away from your computer, take regular breaks, and wash your face to prevent skin and eye dryness and irritation.
- Yes, cacti plants really do absorb electromagnetic radiation, and it is a good idea to keep them around your computer. NASA concluded that the best ones were Cereus cacti – preferably with 5 heads. They are thought to have evolved self-protective mechanisms to defend themselves from the harsh radiation of the desert.
- Himalayan salt lamps emit negative ions and help balance the air in rooms with computers – keep them near your computer.
- Hairdryers emit high levels of electrical fields – avoid use at night and preferably use the wall-mounted versions.
- Note: alongside cordless phone decks, cell phone and computer chargers are some of the highest EMFs emitting devices in our homes; keep 3-5 meters away from them when possible.
- Check if you are within 500 meters of power lines and ideally avoid living near them. If you already live nearby, see some of the house shielding recommendations below.
- If you have dealt with all the internal sources of EMFs, but are concerned about your neighbour’s Wi-Fi, cell phone towers, or power lines, consider using EMF shielding wall paint, which contains EMF-absorbing carbon molecules. You can also buy window nets, which contain silver-plated copper to block EMFs.
- You can also shield yourself further at night by buying a sleep canopy to hang over your bed; this is special netting made with the silver-plated copper to block EMFs.
- Clothing that shields radiation is also available, with silver woven into the cotton. This may be of particular interest for pregnant women.
Dealing with Blue Light
- Use dim, red lights for night lights.
- Avoid looking at bright screens beginning two to three hours before bed, or at least download the lux software, which will gradually turn your screen redder as the sun sets.
- Expose yourself to lots of bright light during the day, which will boost your ability to sleep at night, as well as your mood and alertness during daylight.
- If you work a night shift or use a lot of electronic devices at night, consider wearing blue-blocking glasses available online.
Other Protective Tips
Other strategies to protect yourself from EMFs include practices that strengthen and balance the body’s energetic fields. These practices won’t block EMFs, but they can help reduce potential damage:
- Sleep earthed and walk connected to the earth daily.
- Practice qi gong.
- Drink structured water, which is high in light quotient, such as in whole and juiced raw organic fruits and vegetables.
- Get plenty of sunlight daily where possible (without burning).
- Regular saunas increase infrared light exposure.
- Take Epsom salts baths and bathe in salty water.