Having a protein power drink in the morning is probably the best way to create sustainable energy through out the day. Those mid-morning and mid-afternoon hunger pangs and energy dips can disappear altogether. You will find this is a filling complete breakfast—you don’t need anything else if you start the day on this. It is complete in the sense that it contain protein, fats and carbohydrate, all in one meal. Anyone experiencing dizziness or irritability with 4 hours without food, food cravings and energy dips, may be experiencing a blood sugar imbalance.
1. 1/3 avocado, OR 2 tablespoons of nut or seed butter OR 1/4 cup of home-made Kefir made from almond milk or coconut milk, OR
2. 1 cup Coconut water added to you desire based on what consistency you wish
3. 1/4 cup berries frozen or fresh OR if you need to be fructose sugar-free add 1 teaspoon of carob powder or less to taste
4. Add the appropriate dosage of a protein powder to the drink
Throw everything into a blender and whizz until smooth!
- Frozen berries can be found in the dessert section of most supermarkets. Ideally organic berries are best because non-organic berries have been found to contain some of the highest levels of pesticides of all fruit. They can include raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries etc. These can be fresh or frozen.
- Nut and seed butters can include pumpkin, sunflower, linseed, almond, brazil, hazelnuts, cashew and walnut butters– widely available in most health food shops.
- Coconut water should be natural with no added sugar. It can be bought in cartons from many health food shops